The Management and HR Department is geared to provide quality research that contributes to the research environment in the field of academia. Our aspiration is to make change through practical and applied outcomes that can impact academia, industry and the students.
The faculty members actively engaged in research and publication at national and international levels of distinction and also encourage students to form research relationships across national, institutional, and subject boundaries.
Research Focus Areas
The research focus area of our faculty members as under:
- Professional Practice and Developmental Work
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Organizational Design
- Human Resource Management
- Gender, Diversity and Work Life Balance
- Responsibility and Sustainability Issues
- Global Business, Strategy and Organizations
- Communities and Leadership
- Corporate and Organizational Communication
Our focus for the upcoming researches is based upon the research clusters in Management and HR research area that would be beneficial for the students, academicians and industries to enrich their intuitions and develop rationale for the research, and they would be able to recognize their research work nationally and internationally.
Major Research Contributions from faculty
|Faculty Name||Title||Other Authors||Journal/ Conference/Publisher|
|Abdul Qadir Molvi||Entrepreneurial Inclination of Students at the leading Business School||Rauf. A.||Pakistan Business Review (PBR)|
|Afaq Ahmed Kazi||Consumer Willingness to Use Digital Coupons: A Case of Karachi Market in Pakistan||Zainab Sarwar||IJELCS|
|Afshan Rauf||Entrepreneurial Inclination of Students of a Leading Business School of Karachi||Molvi. Q.A,||Pakistan Business Review|
|Azeem Qureshi||Authentic Leadership and Job Satisfaction: Measuring the Mediating Role of Affective Organizational Commitment in Healthcare Sector of Pakistan||Abur Rahman Aleemi, Jahangir Hussain Rathore||Journal of Independent Studies and Research-Management, Social Sciences and Economics|
|Azeem Qureshi||Authentic Leadership and Turnover Intention: Mediating role of Work Engagement and Job Satisfaction||Abdur Rahman Aleemi||Abasyn Journal of Social Sciences|
|Bilqees Ghani||Human Resource Management practices: A case study of Bank||Khalid Rasheed||International Journal Of Management Sciences And Business Research,|
|Bilqees Ghani||Restructuring the relationship between Performance Management and Employee Engagement||Khalid Rashid||Pakistan Business Review|
|Javaid Ahmed||Toddlers & Co: Innovate or Die||M. Masud||7th AMRC|
|Saba Gulzar||Entrepreneurial Inclination Of Students At Iobm||A.Q Molvi and Afshan Rauf||Pakistan Business Review|
|Shagufta Ghauri||HR Professionals’ preferred Skills for Business Graduates. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, HEC recognized X category.||Dr Nadia||Pakistan Business Review|
|Shiraz Ahmed||Business Leaders Conference||HRM / Mgmt. dept.||Second Business Practitioners Conference|
|Syeda Tayyaba Fasih||The growing population of Pakistani youth: a ticking time bomb or a demographic dividend.||Dr Erum Hafeez||Journal of education and educational development (JoEED)|
|Syeda Tayyaba Fasih||"Attitude of Business students towards E-commerce: A case study||Dr Nawaz Ahmad||International Journal of Experiential Learning & Case Studies
|Zafar Mehdi||Assessing the existence of RSQS (Retail Service Quality Scale) in Retail Stores and Supermarkets operating in Karachi||Rizwan Ahmed
|Pakistan Business Review|
|Faculty Name||Title||Other Authors||Journal/ Conference/Publisher|
|Afaq Ahmed Kazi||Factors influencing students’ career choices: empirical evidence from business students||Dr nawaz Ahmad, Nimra Sharif||Journal of Southeast Asian Research|
|Afaq Ahmed Kazi||The Influence of Development on Managerial Capabilities and Performance: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan||..||Journal of Southeast Asian Research|
|Afaq Ahmed Kazi||Customer Changing Preferences: A case study of Vouch365||Zainab Sarwar||29 IBIMA Conference|
|Farheen Khalid||Customer’s Attitude towards Ramadan Advertising||Dr. Tariq Jalees, Junaid Ansari, Sufyan Ramish||South Asian Journal of Management Sciences|
|Farheen Khalid||Factors Contributing to Consumer Attitudes Towards Online Advertising in Emerging Markets.||Taha Jamal, Dr. Firoz Shamsi, Bilal Ali Zafar||Journal of Business Administration and Management Sciences (JOBAMS)|
|Farheen Khalid||Promoting Spin-Offs Activity at University Level to Support Commercial Industries in Pakistan||Bilal Ali Zafar||Al Dar Research Journal for Sustainability|
|Farheen Khalid||Exploring the Relationship between the Learning Capabilities of Organization & its Impact on Performance||Shagufta Ghauri, Dr. Amir Firoz Shamsi,||IBIMA|
|Farheen Khalid||Determinants of Capital Structure – Evidence from Karachi Stock Exchange 30- Index.”||Aqeel Ahmed, Bilal Ali Zafar||IBIMA|
|Kanwal Gul||Corporate Governance and firm performance: Automobile assemblers listed in Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX)”||Nawaz Ahmed, Babar Ansari||Journal of Business Strategies, Vol. 11, No. 2, 2017|
|Kanwal Gul||“Un-banking in Under developing economy”||Amir Shamsi, Nawaz Ahmed, Babar Ansari||Journal of Business Studies JBS Vol.13 Issue.2, December 2017)|
|Kanwal Gul||Home bound working women and organizational efficiency of developing economy” International||Babar Ansari||Journal of Experiential Learning & Case Studies” 2:1 (June 2017) pp. 01-18|
|Kanwal Gul||Effects of External Shocks on monetary policy of Pakistan” ADRJ Journal”||Babar Ansari||“Al-Dar Research Journal for Sustainability”|
|Kanwal Gul||Sustainability of Family Owned Business: An Empirical Evidence from Family Owned Businesses”||Babar Ansari, Nawaz Ahmed, Dr Irfan Hyder||30th IBIMA conference held in Madrid, Spain Austria 8-9 Nov 2017|
|Kanwal Gul||Attributes of Employee Engagement” (Presented at The 30th IBIMA conference held in Madrid, Spain Austria 8-9 Nov 2017)||Dr Ghazan Bozai||30th IBIMA conference held in Madrid, Spain Austria|
|Kanwal Gul||“Account holder’s behavior on imposition of withholding tax on banking transactions in Pakistan”||Amir Shamsi Babar Ansari||29th IBIMA conference on Vision 2020: held in Vienna, Austria 2-3 May 2017|
|Kanwal Gul||.”Home bound working women and organizational efficiency of developing economy”||Babar Asari||ICIETBM Conference held in Karachi at IQRA University on|
|Kanwal Gul||“Un-banking in Under developing Economies”||Amir Shamsi, Nawaz Ahmed, Babar Ansari||10th NACOMSS 2017 National Research Conference at Institute of Business and Technology|
|Muhammad Arif||Creating Synergy Through Balanced Score Card (BSC) For Organizational Strategic Objectives: A Study of Pakistan Defense Service”||Dr. Mustaghis||GMJACS|
|Saba Gulzar||Impact of performance appraisal on employee retention||Avinash Advani, Dr. Tariq Jalees||Journal of Independent Studies and Research (JISR), SZABIST|
|Shagufta Ghauri||Exploring the relationship between the learning capabilities of organization and its impact on Performance.||Dr. Shamsi
|Business Information Management Conference (30th IBIMA)|
|Shagufta Ghauri||"Business School Graduates’ Employability Skills in the IT Industry: A Case of Pakistan", submitted to The International Journal of Human Resource Management.||Dr Sarwat Nauman||The International Journal of Human Resource Management.|
|Shagufta Ghauri||Impact of Creative Organizational Climate on Organizational Citizenship Behavior among Public and Private Universities Faculty.||Dr Nadia||Pakistan Business Review|
|Shiraz Ahmed||Business Leaders Conference||HRM / Mgmt. dept.||First Business Practitioners Conference|
|Syeda Tayyaba Fasih||Emerging Role of Ontology-Based Repository in Business Management Research||Syed Irfan Hyder, Junaid Ansari,
Muhammad Sufyan Ramish, Muhammad Yasi
|Journal of Organization Knowledge Management|
|Syeda Tayyaba Fasih||Analysis of HEC Hiring Criteria: A pilot study.||Dr Nawaz Ahmad, Zeeshan Fasih, Dr Ayesha Shoukat.||IBTS 10th International Conference in business management|
- Ahmed, N., Shamsi, A.F., Hussain, S., & Waheed, S., (2016). Impact of Counterfeit Products on Consumer Buying Behavior: Empirical Investigation from Karachiites, Grassroots Journal, Vol. 50, No. I, 126-134
- Gulzar. S, Advani. A; (2016), “Impact of Employees Participation on Job Satisfaction Evidence from Karachi’s Tertiary Education Sector", Indian Journal of Commerce and management in -Volume 5, issue 4.
- Gulzar. S, Advani. A; (2016), “Workplace Conflict, Gender Discrimination, Interpersonal Communication and Their Impact on Employees Performance”, Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business Research ISSN 2305-8277 (Online), 2016, Vol. 5, No. 1, 26-34.
- Ghauri, S., Dr. Tariq Jalees (2016).Influence of Organizational Culture on job satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention: A Study on the Private Universities of Pakistan. Market Forces. ISSN 1816-8434.
- Javaid, O., & Suri, W. (2016). Bureaucratic system of management in Islamic financial institutions: Implications & alternatives for social inclusion.4th International Conference on Islamic Business. Islamabad: Riphah University, Riphah Center of Islamic Business.
- Urrehman, S. M., Shamsi, A. F., Saifurrehman, S., Ali, M., A., & Faraz, M., (2016). Neuro Marketing: A Qualitative Analysis Of A Manager’s Perception In Pakistan.ELK Asia Pacific Journal Of Marketing And Retail Management, Vol 7(3), DOI: 10.16962/EAPJMRM
- Ahmad, N., Salman, A. & Shamsi, A. F. (2015). Impact of Financial Leverage on Firm’s Profitability: An Investigation from Cement Sector of Pakistan. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 6(7), 75-80.
- Ghauri, S., (2015).The Impact of Procedural Justice on Organizational Commitment, promotion Decision and Intent to leave the organization. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706 .
- Javaid, O, Suri. A. W (2015)”Global Financial Capital vs. Islamic Concept of Wealth: The Question of Ideological Dominance”, Journal of Islamic Business and Management Vol.5 No.2.
- Javaid, O (2015), “Methodology of institutional analysis and its implication for Contemporary framework of Islamic banks Humanomics, Emerald Group Publishing Limited. Vol. 31 No. 2, pp. 183-200
- Javaid, O (2015), “The Original Sociocultural & Economic Context for Practicing Shirkat-ul-Aqd”, International Journal of Pluralism in Economics Education, Vol. 6, Issue. 4
- Javaid, O., & Suri, W. (2015). Comparing traditional Islamic concept of al-mal & modern financial capital; Implications for theory and practice of contemporary Islamic finance.10th International Conference on Islamic Economics & Finance. Doha: Hammad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies.
- Shamsi, A. F. & Panhwar, I., A., (2015). Impact of Inflation on Savings: A Case Study of Hyderabad District. Grassroots Journal, Vol. 50, No. II
- Ghauri, S., (2014). A case study on: Intrinsic motivation effect on learning in Private Business School in Karachi .Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779.
- Shamsi, A. F., Ali, L., Bashir, r., & Ashraf, H., (2014). Food Insecurity of Rice in Pakistan. International Postgraduate Business Journal, Malaysia, Vol. 6 (2), 133-145
- Ali, L., Yousuf, S., Shamsi, A. F., Bashir, R. (2014). Inflation and Finance-Growth Nexus: A case Study of Pakistan. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 4
- Kazi, A., S., Pasha, M., A., Panhwar, K., N., & Shamsi, A. F. (2014). The impact of the 360 degree feedback system on Employee Satisfaction in Higher Educational Institutes: An Analysis in the Public and Private Sectors of Sindh, Pakistan. NICE Research Journal in Social Sciences, Volume 7
- Faraz, M., Shamsi, A. F., & Bashir, R. (2013). Working off the Clock and Its Impact. Journal of Business Ethics. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10551-013-1765-4 Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 3
- Shamsi, A. F., Panhwar, I., A., Iqbal, B., & Cheema, K. (2014). India as an emerging economy. Transnational Corporations Review, volume 6, number 1.
Ghauri, S., (2014). A case study on: Intrinsic motivation effect on learning in Private Business School in Karachi .Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779, HEC recognized X category, October 2014.
- Javaid, O. (2014). Shadow of Conventional Financial Industry on Islamic Banking: The Case against Market Competition and Concept of Risk in Islamic Finance Industry.Journal of Independent Studies and Research (JISR - MSSE), 12 (2), 29-43.
- Molvi. AQ, Rasheed. M.A (2013), Performance Appraisal’s Characteristics and the Influence on Sales Force Satisfaction in Karachi’s Pharmaceutical Industry. 2nd International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices at Lahore University of Managements Sciences (LUMS).
- Shamsi, A. F.. Bashir, R., & Panhwar, I., A. (2013). Corporate Governance in Pakistan: An Empirical Study. Transnational Corporations Review, volume 5, number 3 pp.46-59, http://www.tnc-online.org/index.php/2012-08-26-21-41-56/articles/182-volume-5-number-3-september-2013
- Anjum, M., Zia, S., M., Shamsi, A. F. & Aziz, A. (2013). The Impact of Culture on the Perception of Employees and Organizational Productivity in Pharmaceutical Industries in Karachi. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 3, 2013
- Khaskhely, M., K., Shamsi, A. F., Faraz, M., & Bashir, R. (2013). Stress Mitigation Protocol for CSS Aspirants. Global Management Journal
- Ali, L., Shamsi, A. F., Panhwar. I., A., and Bashir, R. (2013). An Empirical Investigation of Relationship Between Financial Sector Development and Domestic Private Investment in Pakistan. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 3
- Shamsi, A. F., Panhwar, I., A., Ahmed, A., and Khoso, B. (2013). Reflection of vision accomplishment through financial statements. Journal of Business Strategies, Vol. 12, Number 2
- Shmsi, A. F. (2013)“Factors Affecting Vision: A Case Study of a Pharmaceutical Company”, Indus Journal of Management Sciences, volume 1, number 2
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2013). Pay Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in Private Business University Faculty. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779, HEC recognized X category, January 2013
- Gulzar.S, (2013),”Impact of Non Pecuniary Benefits on employee delight”, KASBIT Business Research Journal (KBJ)- Volume 7, Issue-1.
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2013). Pay Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in Private Business University Faculty. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779
- Javed. O, Hassan.Mu (2013) A Comparison of Islamic and Capitalist Conception Of Economic Justice”, International Journal of Economics, Management and Accounting 21, no. 1 (2013): 1-31
- Nida, B., Faraz, M., & Shamsi, A. F. (2012). Feasibility of HR department in a Public Sector University. Journal of Business Strategies, Vol. 6, Number 2 pp. 11 – 20
- Ghauri,S.,Ayub,N.,Iqbal,S.,(2012) A Study on Relationship between Perceptions of Equity & Job Satisfaction among University Faculty. Indian Streams Research Journal. ISSN 2230-7850, 2(10),
- Molvi. AQ, (2011), Impact of Performance Appraisal’s Characteristics on Sales Persons’ Job Satisfaction: A Comparative Study of Multinational Companies And Local Pharmaceutical Companies In Pakistan, Pakistan Business Review-Volume. 12
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N., (2011). The Relationship between Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706
- Faraz, M., Saqlain, N., & Shamsi, A. F. (2011). Karachi Milking Sector. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, Vol. 01