The Management HR Department is focused on making the industry liaison that is based upon mutually beneficial interaction. The industry linkage program caters to conducting market research, responds to informal consultancy requests, and making analytical reports, and organizing experiential learning based projects, seminar, workshops and industrial visits.
- We commit to regular interactions of instructor, students and other Liaisons. Depending on the nature and phase of research, meetings are arranged as required in a semester; arrange mutually convenient visits to the company.
- We are focused on communicating to students about the support of the Industry Liaison Program and its value.
- We are interested in developing our future graduates as professional icons. In order to implement the idea of future employees and ultimate leaders. We are providing professional events to students so that they may relate to their academic training with industrial exposure. We also encourage our students to attend and take advantage of interacting with professional from the organization in these events
Highlights of Industry Engagement Programs
HR Curriculum Review Meeting
The 1st HR Curriculum Review Meeting of the Department of Management & HR was held on 23rd July 2016. Following industry participants was the valuable part of it and gives their feedback to improve the industry driven curriculum.
- N. Arsalan, Head of HR Siemens
- Syed Naveed ul Zafar, Head Learning & Development, UBL
- Khurram Hussain, Head HR Getz Pharma
- Humna Masood, National HR Manager Agility
- Farrukh Rasheed, Head Admin & HR HUBCO
- Sultan Mughal, GM HR Pak Beverages
- Syed Amjad Habib, Head Admin & HR, Shirazi Trading
- Rahim Jalaluddin Furniturewala, Head of Learning & Development, TCS
- Ather Iqbal, Head of HR Searle Pharmaceuticals
- Moghis Jalal, Head of HR Brookes Pharma
- Muhammad Siddiq, Head of HR Otsuka Pakistan
- Zulfiqar Ahmed, Head of HR Geo TV
- Farid Zafar, Head of HR Dubai Islamic Bank
- Masood Zia, GM HR Orix Leasing
- ArifNomani, Head of HR, APAG
- Khalid Siraj, Head HRBP, Bayer
- Baqar Rizvi, DGM, K-Electric
- Amir Islam, Snr Consultant, A. I. M I R
- Nida Nasir, HR Manager Philip Morris
- Ahmed Umar, AsstMgrDubai Islamic Bank
- Zareen Bano, Deputy Director, Corp Relations, ICMAP
Capstone projects From Summer 15 –Fall 18
|DEPARTMENT / FACULTY||NAME OF CONFERENCE WORKSHOP||
|Afaq Qazi||Management of Contract Labor||
7th Feb, 2019
|Javaid Ahmed||Process and Content Consultant (IoBM revenue Rs. 500,000) for Jaffer Agro Business Strategic Plan 2030.||
Oct – Dec 2018.
|Afaq Qazi||Legal Posiiton of Contract worker (KATI)||
November 1, 2018
|Javaid Ahmed||Led a one day (35 man-days) Seminar for the four Faculties of IoBM on ‘The Science and Art of Learning and Teaching’||
|Afaq Qazi||Labor Laws||
October 17, 2018
|Javaid Ahmed||Business Innovation & Design, Two Days Masterclass Simulation, IBA Centre for Executive Education,||
|Shiraz Ahmed||Business Leaders Conference 2.0||2018|
|8||Javaid Ahmed||Business Innovation & Design, Executive Simulation Workshop, 22 man-days, Aug 2018, Evaluation 8.4||
|Javaid Ahmed||Strategic Planning Simulation: Consultative Facilitation for Jaffer Agro Business (IoBM revenue Rs. 625,000) 125 man-days||April-May 2018|
|Afaq Qazi||Management of Contract Labor||
17th July 2018
|11||Javaid Ahmed||Value Innovation, Simulation Workshop, 16 man-days, Feb 21 2018, Marriott, Karachi, Evaluation 8.5||
21st Feb 2018
|Shiraz Ahmed||Business Leaders Program - 2 workshops in 2017||2017|
|13||Shiraz Ahmed||Business Leaders Conference - 2017||
|Department||2nd IoBM-AMDIP Faculty Colloquium (IAFC) 2017||September 20-21, 2017|
|15||Javaid Ahmed||Invited speaker at SZABIST, postgrad students and faculty on Value Innovation||
|Javaid Ahmed||USAID NPOs 34 man-days, 2 Consultative Workshops, Strategic Planning||April – May 2017|
|17||Afaq Qazi||Third Party Outsourced Employees||
May 3,6 9 2017
|Afaq Qazi||Labor Laws||May 24, 2017|
|19||Afaq Qazi||Management of Contract Labor||
January 17, 2017
|Javaid Ahmed||Value Innovation: 26 executive man-days Consultative Workshop, Management Association of Pakistan||March 28, 29, 2017|
|21||Javaid Ahmed||USAID Gender Equity Capacity Building Program February 2017 (35+ man-days).||
|Shiraz Ahmed||Train the Trainer - 1 workshop - 2017||2017|
|Department||1st IoBM-AMDIP Faculty Colloquium (IAFC) 2016||
November 23-24, 2016
|24||Department||5TH International Conference Organized by Management & HR Department – ICOBM||
The 5th International Conference on Emerging Markets, Big Cities & Challenges of Partnerships Organized by the Institute of Business Management (IoBM). This Triple Helix conference emphasized the collaboration between Industry, Academia and Government for a better prospect. It was attended by policy makers, government officials, representatives from the corporate and social sectors, development experts, heads of local, international and multinational companies, academicians, researchers, economist, financial institutes, NGOs, human resource professional ,trainers and PhD/MPhil /MS level university scholars.
In this two day conference around 40 research papers have been presented in different academic sessions of the Business Conference.
For further details please CLICK the following link.
To make our students professionally groomed we have incorporated several experiential based learning assignments in our department’s courses. Students enthusiastically participate and learn from these kinds of group assignments.
In order to be creative, learn new techniques, new skills and new ways to look at things we arrange workshops on regular basis. These workshops enhance the students’ skills, knowledge and expertise in the field of business. This enables them to learn the organizational environment in a more engaged and indepth manner, helping them to be job ready.
Uzma Chisti’s talk on Leadership
Uzma Chishti joined Leadership class to discuss leadership traits and how each one of us can lead by example. Her broad exposure and versatility of challenges has equipped her to talk about this topic in depth that only a few embody and can articulate.
We emphases on seminars because they provide collaborative platform for intellectual synergy, through shared views and discussions with industry leads.This helps our students to think in a conceptual manner and learn business challenges first hand. We arrange seminars on different topics at least twice a semester to create the bridge between students and professional.
We encourage students to gain hands-on consultancy experience with the Consultancy Projects.The Student Consultancy Projects offer a real boost to their career. Our alumni have been offered jobs directly due to their participation in these consultancy projects.
Teams of our future graduates carry out research and deliver consultancy on business or management issue identified by the project client, to create, clear, practical recommendations. Scope of the projects range from broader strategic issues to more specialist business matters.
Industrial visit is a vital activity for a student who is pursuing a professional degree. It is considered as a part of curriculum. The basic objective of industrial visit is to provide students an insight regarding the working environment. With an aim to go beyond academics, industrial visits provide students a practical perspective about the industry.
Entrepreneurship Leadership Conference - ELC2
ICE placed all efforts together to present a successful conference yet again! ICE organizes ELC 2 at the IoBM Auditorium featuring people who motivated, groomed and excited the young students and shared their experiences. The speakers included the famous names of Iqrar ul Hassan - host Sar-e-aam, Jibran Nasir - social activist, Abid Beli and Amin Nasrullah both great entrepreneurs who shed light on the students and left them to excited to get up and start doing!
Fashion Show for CBM Entrepreneur
An event was organized to launch a business idea competition where all the existing and alumni fashion entrepreneurs were given opportunity to participate and target their market within the campus. This allowed fashion entrepreneurs of CBM to highlight their products in front of the audience and received an overwhelming response in the end.
OPEN Annual Conference
OPEN Karachi held its 3rd Entrepreneurship Conference (eCON’14) at Institute of Business Management on December 20th, 2014. The annual conference is the flagship event of OPEN Karachi that aims on bringing together aspiring entrepreneurs and providing them networking opportunities for a chance to grow further to build an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem for Pakistan. The conference provided an opportunity to young entrepreneurs to seek guidance from industry champions, thought leaders and successful entrepreneurs. The theme of the conference for this year was, “Economic Sustainability Through Entrepreneurship”. The Chief Guest of the conference was Mr. S. M Munir, Chief Executive of Trade Development Authority of Pakistan. The speakers’ panel included notable names:
- Mr. John A. Tucknott – MBE, British Deputy High Commissioner to Pakistan and Director of Trade & Investment
- Tommy Hutchison – Founder & CEO of i-genious UK
- Sunita Singh – Sr. Director Wadhwani Foundation, Co-founder NEN
- Shahid Mahmud – Chief Executive Officer, Interactive Group
- Sadaf Mehmood – Enterprise Development Strategist, SEED Ventures
- Amy Scarra – CoFounder and COO, Think Global
- Imran Moinuddin – CEO, NexDegree Pvt. Ltd.
- Ambareem Khan – CEO, Empyrean
- Ahmed Jalal – Managing Director, Abraaj Group
- Mr. Nabeel Qadir – Joint Director, Entrepreneurship & Enterprise Development at Punjab Information Technology Board
- Mushtaq Chhapra – Chairman & Director, The Citizens Foundation
The talks of the conference revolved around the themes of:
- Role of Academia in Promoting Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship In the Textile Industry of Pakistan
- Women Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Techno Entrepreneurship
MoU with Organizations
Following MoUs’ have been signed by the IoBM to promote the entrepreneurship and its effectiveness among the students.
MoU with OPEN Karachi
OPEN, or the Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneurs is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization, with a vision to become the premier organization driving entrepreneurship in Pakistan. IoBM has signed an MoU with OPEN Karachi.
MoU with NEN/Wadhwani Foundation
The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) is Wadhwani Foundations. IoBM has signed a MoU with NEN/Wadhwani network to develop an entrepreneurial Culture among its students and faculty.