List of Research/Publications by Environment & Energy Management Department
- Farooqi, A., Zahidullah, and H. Fatimah. 2016. Intrinsic Value of Assignment in ODL System - A Case Study of Commonwealth Youth Programme Diploma in Youth in Development Work at AIOU. Accepted for publication in Journal Geographic of Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A., M.F. Yaseen, and A. Ahmed. 2016. Utilization of Food Saved in Marriage Ceremonies towards Offsetting Hunger in Karachi, Pakistan, Paper presented at 5th. Asian Management Conference on January 17, 2016 held in Dubai, UAE at University of Wollongong (UOWD) Campus. The conference is held regularly in collaboration of UOWD, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Universiti Sains Malaysia, and University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. The paper is under review for publication in PBR, IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan
- Farooqi, A. 2016. Halal Food Processes and Audit Methodology. Abstract submitted to Regional Islamic Entrepreneurship and Business Conference (RIEBC 2016) 9 & 10 August 2016, Holiday Inn Hotel, Melaka, Malaysia.
- Farooqi, A., A. Ahmed, and M.F. Yaseen. 2016 Worldwide Food Waste in Muslim Marriage Ceremonies: A Case Study Conducted in Karachi, a Mega City of 23.5 Million, and City of Diverse Muslim Communities. Abstract submitted to Regional Islamic Entrepreneurship and Business Conference (RIEBC2016)
9 & 10 August 2016, Holiday Inn Hotel, Melaka, Malaysia ‘
- A- Farooqi, A. B- Farooqi, A., M.F. Yaseen, and A. Maham . 2016. New Approach to Experiential Learning A. Simplifying Conceptual Understanding, and B. Sharing Air Pollution, and Collating Daily Food Intake in Comparison with Air Intake in Environmental Business & Management Courses at IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan. A research paper presented at the International Experiential Learning Conference at IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan on April 9, 2016.
- Farooqi, A . 2016. A Service-to-Society Paper-High Arsenic in 12 Brands of Drinking Bottled Water being Openly Sold in Karachi, sent on May 11, 2016 to Daily Dawn, Pakistan for publication
- Farooqi, A. 2016. Transformation of Karachi, Pakistan into a sustainable healthy living environmental city. In advanced stage of completion
- Farooqi, , Zahidullah, and H. Fatimah. 2015. Intrinsic Value of Assignment in ODL System - A Case Study of Commonwealth Youth Programme Diploma in Youth in Development Work at AIOU. Accepted for publication in Journal Geographic of Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A., M.F. Yaseen, and A. Ahmed. 2015. Utilization of Food Waste Saved in Marriage Ceremonies towards Offsetting Hunger in Karachi, Pakistan. Submitted for publication in PBR, IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Mirza A Baig and Shahid Amjad 2014 Climate Change Impact on Major Crops Of Pakistan: A Forecast For 2020. Pakistan Business Review (PBR) IoBM Vol.15 No 4 pp 600-617.Pakistan.
- Amjad, S. 2014 Adequacy of National Laws for Coastal Zone Management and Ocean Governance. Paper presented in the National conference NCMPR Bahria University 2014.
- Mirza Asjad and Shahid Amjad 2014 Global Climate Change and Fruit Crops Production. International Journal on Climate Change: Impacts and Responses. C130182 CGPublisher. November 6, 2014
- Amjad, S. 2014 Introduction to Biofouling : a Sticky Problem. SAARC workshop on Bioinvasion and Ballast water Management (Proceeding of the Workshop) Karachi 25-27 August 2014
- Amjad, S. 2014 Adequacy of National Laws for Coastal Zone Management and Ocean Governance. Paper presented in the National conference NCMPR Bahria University 2014.(in press)
- Mirza Asjad and Shahid Amjad 2014 Global Climate Change and Fruit Crops Production. International Journal on Climate Change: Impacts and Responses
- Farooqi, A. and A. Ahmed. 2014. Guidelines for Writing Thesis/Project Report. Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek, Karachi-75190, Pakistan. The report was accorded approval for IoBM wide adoption by the Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR) meeting held on October 11, 2014.
- Amjad, S., 2013 Global Warming: Forecast for Coastal Fishery Resources of Pakistan. Paper submitted and accepted in the Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Environmentally Sustainable Development ESDev August 2013
- Samina Kidwai, Mohsin Tabrez, Naeem Ahmed and Shahid Amjad 2013. Spatial and temporal variability in the zooplankton productivity and community structure in the tide dominated creeks of the River Indus delta, North Arabian Sea (MS submitted. ID 9007264171117903 in Zoological Studies Springer for International publication)
- Amjad, S. 2013 Introduction to Climate Change in workshop on SAARC on Impact of Climate Change Variability on Coastal Resources. Workshop Proceedings on Climate Change Impacts on Coastal and Aquatic Resources in SAARC Member Countries Karachi 26-28 Dec 2013.
- Amjad, S., 2013. Global Warming: Forecast for Coastal Fishery Resources of Pakistan published in the proceedings of the 5thInternational Conference on Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESDev-2013).COMSATS.
- Mirza Asjad Baig, and Shahid Amjad. Climate Change Impact on Major Crops of Pakistan: A Forecast for 2020. Pakistan Business Review (PBR) IoBM 2013.
- Amjad,.S., Ocean Resources and Diversity: Pakistan presented in the 12th Training Workshop on Conservation of Biodiversity and Ecosystem of Pakistan. Organized by the IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management. The Scientific and Cultural Society of Pakistan In collaboration with Department of Zoology, University of Karachi Sept 12‐ 18, 2013.
- Amjad, S., and Moinuddin Ali Khan. 2012 Energy Imports (LNG) and Coastal Ecological Impacts. Proceeding of 2nd Intl’ Conf. Energy, Environment & Sustainable Development Mehran University Engineering Technology, Jamshoro.
- Amjad. S, and Moin uddin Ali Khan 2011 Marine Ecological Assessment for LNG Terminal at Port Qasim. Pak. J. Engr.Technol.Sci vol. 1.No.2 pp 74-85
- Fatimah, H., A. Farooqi, and Zahidull 2010. Introduction to Environment: Textbook Compiled for 3-Credit Course Code 1421. AIOU Printing Press, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Zahidull, A. Farooqi, and H. Fatimah. 2010. Environmental Pollution: Textbook compiled for 3-Credit Course Code 1422. AIOU Printing Press, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A. 2010. Guidelines on completing assignments for CYP Diploma in „Youth in Development Work‟, Directorate of Commonwealth Youth Programme, Department of Environmental Science, Allama Iqbal University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A., Fatimah, H., Zahidullah and Haroon. 2010. A research report on level and extent of youth involvement in post-disaster rehabilitation and reconstruction work in Muzaffarabad, AJK. In advanced stage of finalization.
- Farooqi, 2010. Environmental Improvement and Landscaping at IIUI. Department of Environmental Science, FB&AS, IIU Islamabad, Pakistan.
List of Research Papers/Conference Proceedings by Environment & Energy Management Department
- Amjad Shahid, Muhammad Ajaz Rasheed, Mirza Aqeel Baig 2016. Mangrove Ecosystem Services: Indus Delta (PQA), Sindh. Journal of Geoscience and Environmental protection Vol. 4, No 7. DOI: 10.4236/gep.2016.47020
- Amjad Shahid, M. Ajaz Rasheed, Mirza Aqeel Baig 2016.Valuation of Mangroves in PQA Indus Delta: An Econometric Approach Research Report, ISBN 978-967-23055-1-8 MFF/IUCN and Institute of Business Management (IoBM). Karachi. p 69.
List of Participation in Conferences 2017-2018 by Environment & Energy Management Department
- Amjad Shahid, Syed Nadeem Arif and Saquib Ejaz Hussain 2018. Recolonization of Disturbed Marine Benthic Communities in the Mangrove Ecosystem (abstract submitted) 6th International Meeting on Oceanography September 21-22, 2018 Dallas, Texas, USA
- Amjad Shahid Paper Presented on Valuation of Coastal Ecosystem: An Econometric Approach in the 7th International maritime Conference (IMC-2017) organized by National Policy Research (NCMPR) Bahria University 11-12 Feb 2017. Proceedings in press.
- Amjad Shahid 2017 Impact of Climate Variability on Pakistan’s Coastal Fishery. Paper presented at the 8th International Conference on Fisheries & Aquaculture 02-04, October 2017 in Toronto Canada.